I wanted to invite anyone who may be interested in joining BLINC's first quarterly workshop of the year which will be taking place on Friday, 2/28 at Elon University. The workshop & parking is free (aside from lunch)! Again, we welcome any who finds interest in the following agenda items!
We will be gathering in Elon's new Sankey Hall building (304 S O'Kelly Ave, Elon, NC 27244). Parking is free, please park in the McMichael East parking lot (an extension of the large McMichael lot off of O'Kelly St, next to the McMichael Science Building). You'll know you're in the correct lot if you see a bulldozed and empty lot next door. Sankey Hall is across from the McMichael Science Building.
9:30-10: Socializing over morning snacks & coffee
10-10:30: Introductions & Sharing what's new with your work or your library
10:30-1130: Business Reference & Instruction: Finance lightning rounds
- Steve Cramer & Morning Star's New Interface
- Morgan Ritchie-Baum on 'The Elephant in the Room: Financial Literacy"
11:30-1pm Lunch: Mediterrainian Deli (11 min. walk), other options available
*Optional* 12-1pm: Grab your lunch on campus & bring it back to enjoy while joining Angel as she leads the NewBusLib online discussion on committee involvement; including speakers from BRASS & SLA-B&F
1-2pm: Lighting Rounds on 'Professional Development & Networking'
- Nancy Lovas on 'Getting the Most Professional Development Mileage Out of What You're Already Doing'
- Devon Waugh: 'Designing an Engaging Presentation'
- Betty Garrison on 'Professional Development Journeys: No Two Alike'
2-3: Conferences & proposal inspiration (Discussion & Collaboration)
- Conference updates (ELC, CABAL) & conference plans for this year
- Project Proposal Speed-dating: Share research you're working on, or what you'd like to work on, all in an attempt to find potential partners or further brainstorm proposal ideas.
- Closing remarks & planning for next workshop
Please let me know if you have any questions & RSVP with me!
Summer Krstevska (firstname.lastname@example.org, 336-758-4303)