Resource Management Librarian – Assistant Professor
Austin Peay State University invites applications for a Resource Management Librarian at the rank of Assistant Professor. This is a full-time, 12-month tenure-track faculty position reporting to the Director of Library Services. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and supervising operations of the Resource Management unit, consisting of acquisitions, cataloging, serials, government publications, and interlibrary loan. The incumbent will also provide instruction, reference, and liaison services, and will supervise two full-time support staff and a student assistant.
Salary range: $66,109 – $70,721
• Master’s degree accredited by the American Library Association (or international equivalent).
• Acquisitions and/or collection development experience.
• Experience using an integrated library system (III Sierra preferred) for technical services functions.
• Knowledge of OCLC interfaces, MARC formats, Dublin Core, RDA, LC Classification, and LCSH.
• Evidence of commitment to a public service ethic in a learner-centered library environment.
• Effective interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
• Evidence of potential to meet requirements for faculty tenure and promotion.
• Serials, government publications, and/or interlibrary loan experience.
• Reference and teaching experience.
Applications are taken online only at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources and will be accepted until the position is filled. Each applicant must submit a curriculum vita and cover letter, and must include the names and contact information for THREE REFERENCES, one of which must be from your most recent or current employer. Many candidates add this to their CV. Please refer all questions to facultyapplications [at] apsu [dot] edu.
For the fifth consecutive year, Austin Peay State University was named a Great College to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education. The picturesque campus is located in Middle Tennessee near the confluence of the Cumberland and Red Rivers, 50 miles northwest of Nashville.
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by APSU. Inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at nondiscrmination [at] apsu [dot] edu.
IT IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR TO MISREPRESENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS