Research and Learning Librarian
Summary: Salem College Libraries seek a creative, self-motivated, and forward thinking librarian to join our team and fill the position of Research and Learning Librarian (R&L Librarian). Reporting to the Director of Libraries, the R&L Librarian provides leadership and expertise in managing the library’s research and learning programs such as instruction, assessment, outreach, and archives. The R&L Librarian will lead, design, teach, and assess information literacy curricula in a wide variety of disciplines and formats for both undergraduate and graduate levels. This is a twelve month exempt position.
· Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program
· Knowledge of the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
· Knowledge of current and emerging technologies within higher education
· Demonstrated ability to lead projects and teams
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; and
ability to represent the library to college and external audiences
Preferred Experiences, Skills, and Training/Education:
· Experience providing blended information literacy instruction
· Demonstrated ability with information literacy assessment in a higher education
· Demonstrated success with outreach activities in an academic environment
· Knowledge of best practices for archives
How to apply:
Review of applications will begin April 3, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. A start date of July 1, 2017 is required. Please send an attached letter of interest, CV, and a completed application for employment to Elizabeth Novicki, Director of Libraries, at elizabeth [dot] novicki [at] salem [dot] edu. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please use the provided "Link for More Information" for a full job description and application form. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
Salem College, a liberal arts college for women, values its students as individuals, develops their unique potential, and prepares them to change the world. Salem is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply