Children's Librarian - Scaleybark
Posting Title: Children's Librarian - Scaleybark
Job ID: 12048
Department: LIB4129 Scaleybark Branch Library
Hiring Range: 43232.800 to 56743.050
Location: Mecklenburg County
Status: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Please apply by: 03/15/2017
Incumbents are responsible for providing professional level work for a library. Duties include: performing reference and reader advisory, training customers on online resources and technology access, developing and maintaining assigned collections, planning programming, performing outreach activities, and serving on and/or facilitating committees/teams. Incumbents may supervise library support staff. Serving as manager on duty, handling monies and handling security issues may be required.
This position requires a Master's in Library Science from a program approved by the American Library Association.
Licensing Requirements: NC Public Librarian Certification.
• Strong programming and outreach experience is highly desirable. The Children's Librarian will coordinate and develop relevant, age-appropriate, and interactive children and youth programs including story times, literacy activities, after school programs, school visits, and other programs and events needed to meet the community needs. Proven ability to build and maintain school and community partnerships is a plus as well as developing positive and ongoing relationships with families, library users and community partners.
• Knowledge of and experience with, library materials, services, and programs.
• Dedication to providing quality customer service.
• Ability to plan, carry-out and evaluate programs and develop new services.
• Highly collaborative team player as well as strong individual contributor. Supervisory skills are highly desirable.
• Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to inspire excellence in a diverse staff, to organize and supervise staff and/or areas of responsibility, and to work with limited supervision and exercise sound independent judgment.
• Enthusiastic and flexible in trying new approaches and ability to work with and within diverse communities.
• Ability to work flexible scheduling which may include evenings and weekends.
• Strong presentation, writing, listening skills and knowledge of standard technologies, online databases and office productivity software.
• Must be able to learn and apply latest trends in technology and library services.
Spanish communication skills (speaking, listening, reading, and writing) are preferred in order to serve a large Spanish-speaking population within the area. Additionally, experience working with minority population is a plus, as well as being culturally aware and sensitive to diverse cultures and populations. Integrated Library Systems software experience, i.e. Horizon, PC Reliance.
1. Click on Apply Now.
2. Click on View Job Openings and Apply Now.
3. On the pop-up box click OK.
4. Search for position # 12048 then click on the link.