Assistant Library Network Coordinator
Arctic Slope Mission Services (ASMS) LLC, a subsidiary of ASRC Federal, is seeking an Assistant Library Network Coordinator to support our on-going programs on site at the Environmental Protection Agency, EPA, in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Arctic Slope Mission Services holds a nationwide contract for library and records management services with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. ASMS librarians, records managers and support staff collect, organize and maintain library and records materials; assist EPA and external customers with document delivery/ILL, reference and research services, etc.
• Assist in the collection and dissemination of information on library and information management issues to Network participants, helping to maintain current Network mailing lists and communicate vehicles such as the consortium listserv, participate in library workgroups, and support the Network Coordinator in compiling technical information.
• Assist in the preparation of agendas and meeting reports documenting events and issues presented at Library Network teleconferences, assisting in the preparation of the proceedings of the Annual Librarians Meeting and an Annual Report on the Library Network.
• Support analysis of library/information management problems and assisting in the development, editing, and reconciliation of stakeholder comments or recommendations for procedures and strategies to meet library management program needs for large, complex organizations.
• Participate in the evaluation and development of recommended procedures in all areas of library management i.e. physical space, digitization, cataloging, public access, research, disaster response and emergency continuity of operations.
• Support the Library Network Coordinator in developing of long-term solutions to major library/information management problems such as; national catalog systems, inventory of entire collections, retrospective cataloging needs, or conducting a baseline study.
• Contribute to Network Coordination activities including, but not limited to, facilitating webinars, producing marketing materials, creating surveys, and participating in outreach initiatives.
• Prepare monthly and yearly statistical reports for activities and maintain Library Network websites while meeting accessibility standards.
• A Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent
• 2 plus years of library experience required with additional administrative support experience preferred
• Familiarity with information technology as related to library services and library management principles
• Experience preparing analytic reports and compiling statistics
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently
• Proficiency with MS Excel, databases, and office applications
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status and ability to pass a government sponsored background check required
• Experience with discovery systems and content management systems preferred
• Experience with MS SharePoint preferred
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law