Academic Libraries: Present and Future. Mini-Conference
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the College and University Section (CUS) of the North Carolina Library Association (NCLA) one-day conference, Academic Libraries: Present and Future.
Registration Deadline: Noon Monday December 1st
Date: Friday, December 5, 2014
Location: UNC-Charlotte City Center Campus, NC
Cost: $30 - NCLA Members
$40 - Non-members
$20 - Students
Keynote speaker: Patrick Deaton, Associate Director for Learning Spaces and Capital Management, Mr. Deaton is responsible for overseeing the design and construction of all NCSU Libraries, including the award-winning James B. Hunt Jr. Library.
Programs on three tracks will be featured:
- The Professional Marketplace - Includes careers in academic libraries
- The Virtual Library - Includes distance education, online instruction and services
- The Physical Library - Includes the changing nature of the physical library.
- Registration includes a morning coffee & lunch. A variety of choices will be available, including vegan and vegetarian selections.
- CUS is offering complimentary parking for our attendees; however, we will need to specifiy the number of spaces needed. The online registration will require you to check "yes" or "no' for parking.
Conference LibGuide: http://guides.library.uncc.edu/2014minicon
Please contact Randall Bowman at rbowman [at] elon [dot] edu for questions or additional information.